Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Little Desk Gets a Big Desk

It's been a wonderful run, running this freelance thing life full-time. But at some point, some point a while back, I got tired. It was more than that, though. I got weary -- beyond tired of having to piece things together every month to make the bottom line balance.

Well, I am happy to say that the Little Desk is spending sometime at a new Big Desk. I have accepted a position as Social Media Director of Momentum Marketing, and so far, it's been hitting the ground running, but I like the people I work with, and the work is promoting local businesses, a niche I understand and enjoy.

The Little Desk is not going away. I will still be here, but I will only be accepting the fun writing assignments and giving myself a little more time to breathe. To see family and friends. To work on my art (yep, it's coming). To watch some football, some basketball.  But I will still be writing about it all, so please stick around. I like seeing you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new "big desk" job Steph! They are lucky to have you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your pain on the "piecing together" part! Best of luck with the new gig! Paychecks rock!

    ReplyDelete